[Dev-luatex] Modifying the LuaTeX Engine

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Dec 27 20:20:05 CET 2008

On So, 28 Dez 2008, وفا خلیقی، Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> If you think that the current bidirectional algorithm of LuaTeX is just fine, then this will be my last email.

It seems that you are not open for discussion. Taco, Hans, et al have
asked you for explanations why you believe your approach is better, but
you missed to provide facts.

That is life, those who are doing the programming work have the rights
to make decisions, and without good arguments from other sides they will
do what they think best.

And since there are quite a lot working with Arabic texts here on the
list and it seems nobody chimed in with you, it seems that you are
having an even smaller ground.

Anyway, if you come back with good arguments I am sure Taco and Hans and
Idris and whoever will take it up.

Enjoy

Norbert