[Dev-luatex] Modifying the LuaTeX Engine

Yannis Haralambous yannis.haralambous at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat Dec 27 20:19:59 CET 2008

You say "it takes care of everything" as if all problems of Arabic
typography have been solved. They are not! It would be interesting to
find out what exactly your system does more than (a) Omega and (b)
luatex.

And I don't really see what the issue is: are we talking for or
against the bidirectional algorithm? or is it for or against your
system's typesetting features?

In the first case, then I think the issue is clear: every current
Arabic system must be bidi-compliant. In the second case, I would like
to know more about your system, so please do not disappear.

+
| Yannis Haralambous, Ph.D.      yannis.haralambous at telecom-
bretagne.eu |
| Directeur d'Études                      http://omega.enstb.org/
yannis |
|                                             Tel. +33
(0)2.29.00.14.27 |
|                                             Fax  +33
(0)2.29.00.12.82 |
| Département
Informatique                                              |
| TELECOM
Bretagne                                                      |
| Technopôle de Brest Iroise, CS 83818, 29238 Brest CEDEX 3,
France     |
| Coordonnées Google-Earth : 48°21'31.57"N
4°34'16.76"W                 |
+
                             ...pour distinguer l'extérieur d'un
aquarium,
                                            mieux vaut n'être pas
poisson

                            ...the ball I threw while playing in the
park
                                           has not yet reached the
ground

               Es gab eine Zeit, wo ich nur ungern über Schubert
sprechen,
            nur Nächtens den Bäumen und Sternen von ihm vorerzählen
mögen.