[Dev-luatex] Modifying the LuaTeX Engine

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Dec 26 23:58:03 CET 2008

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 09:47:15 -0700, وفا خلیقی، Vafa Khalighi
> <vafa at live.com.au> wrote:
>
>> We should have
>> a sample complex bidirectional text which contain everything in it
>> (boxes, LTR and RTL texts, poems, colors, diagrams, footnotes and ...)
>> and then compare the produced outputs.
>
> Of course
>
>> Please also note that I am using LaTeX not context.
>
> As Hartmut points out, our tests at the end of the day need to be done
> with primitives alone.

it depends what you test; primitive behaviour or typesetting; you can
only show real typeset text when you use some kind of high level wrapper
(load fonts, deal with language aspects); tex itself is just machinery;
it's like a car: we can compare wheels and engines but it's the car that
has to bring you from a to b