[Dev-luatex] OTF engine in LuaTeX

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Fri Dec 26 18:02:28 CET 2008

Hello,

I have a small experience in TeX (I wrote a plain TeX style for
gregorian chant, http://home.gna.org/gregorio), and I am very interested
in LuaTeX and all the features it will bring to the TeX world. For
example LuaTeX allowed me to correct some very annoying bugs that
happened sometimes in my style, and that couldn't be corrected in plain
TeX. So thank you for you great job!

It happens that I have some time now, and during next month. So I would
be interested in helping you, especially for OTF integration in LuaTeX.
For now I'm using the code present here
http://luatex.bluwiki.com/go/Use_a_TrueType_font to deal with OTF, but
it's not really satisfying (no ligatures for example). So if it is
possible to help with an OTF engine like in XeTeX, I would be very happy
to start it, or continue it. Please tell me how I should proceed!

Thank you in advance,
--
Elie