[Dev-luatex] Differences between PDF and DVI

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Tue Dec 9 00:12:09 CET 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> If it is just a shift of (I assume) an inch or so and it only happens
> in latex, than I cannot help. That sounds suspiciously like a macro
> error and if not, I will need a much more low-level test file than a
> generic "pdflualatex" document (I don't use latex myself).

here is some test file for luatex & pdfluatex:

\pdfpagewidth=210mm \pdfpageheight=297mm
\hsize=\pdfpagewidth \advance\hsize by -2in
\vsize=\pdfpageheight \advance\vsize by -2in
\hoffset=0in \voffset=0in
\pagerightoffset=1in

\pagedir TRT\bodydir TRT\pardir TRT\textdir TRT

\hrule width\hsize height 1mm

\beginsection Hello world

Hi there.
\bye

When you change \hoffset, the whole RL text moves in the DVI case, but
not in the PDF case. Also there seems to be some inconsistent magic if
\pagerightoffset=0pt. I have no idea how it should look like.

Regards, Hartmut