[Dev-luatex] Modify PDF file attributes

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Dec 7 18:52:01 CET 2008

TeXWorld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use the \pdfinfo primitive to manage meta datas in pdf files when I
> use pdflatex.
>
> However, I'd like to manage :
>
> -printing option : authorized or not
>
> -pages extracting : authorized or not
>
> -protection...
>
> How can I do this ?
>
> I heard that it was possible to do this with old versions of pdftex but
> these kinds of features were removed from it because it
> didn't work very well.
>
> I would like to know if these features will appear again and, why not,
> in LuaTeX ?

optimizations are best done after the document is created and not on the
fly (ghostscript can do it)

the code was removed because it was too much interwoven an
unmaintainable; also, such features have to be under complete user
control if only because other features (\pdfobj etc) might demand such
control; when the luatex backend code is redone (2009/2010)we might
provide hooks for users (macro packages) to implement such features