[Dev-luatex] [dev-context] new context and luatex packages for Debian

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Dec 1 18:12:08 CET 2008

Hi Sanjoy,

thanks for testing.

On So, 30 Nov 2008, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> The new context passed my usual tests: compiling a couple of 100+-page
> books with math and physics equations and figures.  It didn't pass a new

That is *really* great. In fact, as stated, if you don't mind me having
it on my computer (but I guarantee that I will not use it for anything
but testing context) I would be happy to have a big fat test document.
You already sent me one, that is one of those I test before uploading.

> ========== start test.tex ===============
> \usetypescript[palatino] [ec]
> \definetypeface [palatino] [mm] [math] [euler] [euler] [rscale=1.03]
> \setupbodyfont[palatino,11pt]
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
> c^2 = a^2 + b^2.
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
> ========== end test.tex ===============
>
> This test also did not work with my previous context installation (the

Strange. I am running it here on my laptop and it comes out fine, Debian
packages:
context        2008.10.31-1
lmodern        1.010x-5

> worked with an older set of context minimals a month or so ago.  So I
> suspect a problem in my font map files (I'm using lmodern 1.010x-5).

Pity that -recorder cannot be passed to texexec so that it records *all*
loaded files. This is the best way to find interfering files.

Maybe texexec has something similar?

> I couldn't find luatex in Debian/experimental.  I tried two methods to

It hasn't been compiled for x86 till now, I uploaded amd64 binaries.

Thanks a lot for all your tests, much appreciated.

Best wishes

Norbert