[Dev-luatex] "error" in LuaTeX and Lua

Jonathan Sauer Jonathan.Sauer at silverstroke.com
Tue Apr 29 12:34:08 CEST 2008

Hello,

> I've added the stack traceback to the output. It does not become
> less confusing, though:
>
> This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.25.3-2008042911 (Web2C 7.5.6)
> (error.tex
> ! LuaTeX error [string "luas[0]"]:1: test error
> stack traceback:
>          [C]: in function 'error'
>          [string "luas[0]"]:1: in main chunk.
> l.4 \directlua0{error('test error')}
>                                       % B
> ?
>   )

Well, the example was a bit contrived, but when deep inside a call
hierarchy, I do not find above traceback confusing. It simply
outputs the name of the chunk (or [C] in native code) and the
function in the chunk.

BTW: loadstring can be passed a chunk name. Is it be possible to do
the same with \directlua? (to replace "[string "luas[0]"]" above)

> Best wishes,
> Taco

Jonathan