[Dev-luatex] Incorrect UTF-8 decoding in \luaescapestring (+ fix)

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Apr 8 10:33:58 CEST 2008

Jonathan Sauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the following PlainTeX example illustrates the problem:
>  [...]
>
> So I think '>=' should be used, instead of '>':
>
> @d unicode_incr(#)==if str_pool[#]>=@"F0 then #:=#+4 else if str_pool[#]>=@"E0
>      then #:=#+3 else if str_pool[#]>=@"C0 then #:=#+2 else incr(#)
>
> I tried this modification, and the error disappeared along with the
> additional three bytes.

Thanks, applied!

> P.S: How does the bug tracker work? I tried to register some weeks ago,
> but never got the confirmation mail with the password. When trying to
> register again now, it says the username is already being used, even
> though non-activated accounts should be purged after a week.

I am having a problem with my service reseller: the server the tracker
runs on doesn't have a reverse hostname yet. That makes your smtp server
(mailer2.silverstroke.com) reject all email from that server. That is
a bit harsh really, but probably nothing you can do about.
I even forwarded you a few bounced messages. But then, those were
probably filtered out on your side as well. Isn't spam fun?

Look out for a private email message from me in a minute.