[Dev-luatex] another stupid question ...

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Apr 3 18:58:11 CEST 2008

... since here are so many so intelligent people ;-)

On unix I can remove the current interpreter, ie I can do
	#!/usr/bin/perl
	unlink("/usr/bin/perl");
and this will succeed (if I have permissions).

On windows (again) this doesn't work. I am running the uninstall program
which is a texlua script but the rmdir /q ... of bin/win32 does not
succeed.

The texlua script is invoked via usual win32 methods, i.e. the extension
.texlua is linked to the texlua interpreter, and the .texlua extension
is added to the PATHEXT to be searched, and bin/win32 is in the PATH env
var.

Well, in the worst case we have to live with a rogue texlua.exe
somewhere.

Any other ideas?

Best wishes

Norbert