[Dev-luatex] \pardir and \textdir etc

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Sep 19 09:32:32 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> writes:

> You are right, this behaviour is unexpected. I am not
> sure if it can be fixed in a meaningful manner, I will
> look into that (Whatever else happens, I cannot go back to
> the eTeX bidi subsystem, because it simply is not powerful
> enough).

As a note aside, it has utterly weird side-effects too: if you have
several \write statements (or specials or other whatsits, likely also
marks and insertions) in one right-to-left line, they are processed
left to right, which makes them rather ususable for getting
information in reading order.  TeX--XeT really is not useful for much
more than short citations.

--
David Kastrup