[Dev-luatex] snapshot 2007-10-29 released

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Oct 29 10:53:02 CET 2007

Hi,

As I promised yesterday, snapshot 2007-10-29 is now released.
Note that this is a snapshot only, not a proper beta. There
are some known problems, even though the test documents now
seem to run properly.

News compared to the last beta (0.11.2):

* Completely overhauled hyphenation and ligkern application.

   There is a new chapter in the manual to document all the
   changes to the hyphenation and line breaking algorithms,
   it is simply too much to list here.

* the interface of the pre_linebreak_filter,hpack_filter,
   vpack_filter, and pre_output_filter has changed slightly.

* lpeg is now at version 0.7

* a whole series of exotic bugs and compiler warnings are
   fixed thanks to the watchful eye of Fabrice.

* texio.print now accepts multiple strings as arguments.

* The lua function os.sleep() is added

I have uploaded source and linux/windows 32 binaries to

     http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/luatex/

Have fun,