[Dev-luatex] Snapshot 20070619
taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jun 19 14:42:05 CEST 2007
After almost two months it was definately time for a new snapshot.
News compared to the 20070426 version:
* The lua node processing interface is completely reworked.
It is now completely based on userdata, and uses a new lua table
called 'node' to hold the methods. More detailed information
is in the manual (of course).
* There is a fifth node processing callback:
this is executed just before the packaging of \box 255.
* The hpack_filter and pre_linebreak_filter callbacks now
receive an extra argument indicating the number of top-level
glyphs in the node list.
* Virtual fonts can now contain a 'node' key in the glyph
commands: the value should be a hlist node (i.e.: a horizontal
box), and that will then be output for each character access
in that font.
* A new set of registers is added, called \attribute. These are
values that will be automatically attached to nodes created in
their scope. More information in the manual.
* Direct read/write access to TeX's box registers is addded to
the lua 'tex' table.
* TeX's main memory now grows dynamically, and the (de)allocation
routines have been rewritten completely.
* The 'kpse' table is extended with extra interface functions, to
allow texlua to be used as a scripting engine.
* The \pdftexversion command now returns 200, not 140.
* The displayed banner and --version screens are cleaned up.
* The format file is now RLE compressed. Not as small as before,
but unpacking is much faster.
More information about the dev-luatex