[Dev-luatex] Snapshot 20070119

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Jan 20 09:58:58 CET 2007

Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>>And a bit of cleanup in the commandline processing.
>

>   I assume it's the reason why luatex has a weird behaviour when running
> in ini mode:
>
> # $ ./luatex -ini
> # kpathsea mode needs a --progname or --fmt switch

The error handler was in fact already there, but only activated
by  --lua mode. The idea was to let the lua init script do the
commandline processing in that case. In the 'traditional' mode,
the commandline was handled like in traditional tex.

In the cleanup, the code is more of a hybrid, trying to be as
compatible with old TeX as possible while still allowing all
of the new  options. The error goes away if you specify a filename,
although it is not completely the same.

This command still works:

   $ ./luatex -ini plain.ini

and it sets progname to 'plain'.

In contrast, this old commandline:

   $ ./luatex -ini '\input plain \dump'

would set progname to 'luatex'

I could remove the restriction, but I was hoping to get away from
the first-line-starts-on-the-commandline, because it is not like any
other program I know of.

Other opinions are welcome.

Best, Taco