[Dev-luatex] Cron <luatex at server> /home/luatex/luatex-svn

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Jan 19 03:39:50 CET 2007

> I assume you're aware of it, but I wanted to make sure to report it.

  OK, apparently it's really a portability issue: unsetenv returns void,
not int, on Darwin (and, I expect, on other BSD-ish systems). See the
following extract from the man page:

NAME
     getenv, putenv, setenv, unsetenv -- environment variable functions

LIBRARY
     Standard C Library (libc, -lc)

SYNOPSIS
     #include <stdlib.h>

     [snip]

     void
     unsetenv(const char *name);

  See also the following NOTE from the same man page on a Linux machine:

       Prior to glibc 2.2.2, unsetenv() was prototyped as returning void; more
       recent glibc versions follow the POSIX.1-2001-compliant prototype shown
       in the SYNOPSIS.

  Nice...