[Dev-luatex] Snapshot 20070117

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jan 17 17:29:57 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have just released snapshot 20070117. A small bit of news:

* the pdftex core is updated to 1.40.1, and web2c to 7.5.6

* the pdftex-specific documentation is removed

* lua lpeg library updated to 0.4
   ( http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/lpeg.html )

* the C part of the lua md5 library is added to the binary
   ( http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/md5/md5-5/md5.html )

* --luaonly now puts the script itself at arg[0], and
   preceding commandline items in the negative indices
   (instead of starting the count at zero).
   This new approach is compatible with the standalone lua
   interpreter.

As I said earlier, it is quite possible that there are still
a few bugs in the pdftex backport.

There is not a whole lot of progress in this version, but now that
this massive update is done, I can move on, so you can expect the
next snapshot to contain some more interesting stuff.

Best, Taco

-----

Downloading and installation details:

If you go to

    https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=10

you will see that there are two new released files:

* luatex-snapshot-20070117.tar.bz2
    This is the source tree.

* luatex-snapshot-20070117-win32.zip
    A cross-compiled (mingw) windows binary. This is a web2c
    based binary, so it needs a texmf.cnf file (It will NOT
    work if you have only miktex installed).