[Dev-luatex] .BEILMOPS or how I stopped worrying and love Open Source

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Dec 13 21:48:05 CET 2007

> Well, it's LuaTeX, not Luaweb or so.  So just use
>
> \directlua0{
>     do
>       local foo % not used
>       error("File gives an error because the comment does end")
>     end
>   }

  And you would have us write

\directlua0{
  function print_with_exclam(str) % Prints 'str' with an exclamation mark
    texio.write_nl(string.format("\string\%s!\string\n", str))
  end

  print_with_exclam("Hello, world")
}

  rather than

\startluacode
  function print_with_exclam(str) -- Prints 'str' with an exclamation mark
    texio.write_nl(string.format("%s!\n", str))
  end
\stopluacode

  ?

  That's not very readable and extremely error-prone, I find.

	Arthur