[Dev-luatex] Hyphenation pattern information are not logged?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Dec 11 09:26:00 CET 2007

Jonathan Sauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> LuaTeX does not seem to log the hyphenation memory usage anymore when
> in IniTeX mode.

> I do not know if the new hyphenation mechanism still allows for logging
> its memory usage, and if it is still deemed useful/necessary. I just
> noticed this change since 0.11.2.

patterns and exceptions are stored differently now and no longer have to
be loaded at runtime; when a macro package preloads patterns, it can
write a message to the log (more meaningful than abstract numbers); whan
patterns are loaded at runtime, the message can be issued then

maybe eventually even

\font\nullfont=nullfont
0 preloaded fonts
0 words of active ocps
\ocp\nullocp=nullocp
0 preloaded ocps
\ocplist\nullocplist=[]

will go away (does not tell the user that much); in a later stage of the
development more messages may change (overhaul of error message system)