[Dev-luatex] Assertion while typesetting: vlink(alink(r))==r

Jonathan Sauer Jonathan.Sauer at silverstroke.com
Thu Dec 6 13:01:50 CET 2007

Hello,

> > This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.20.0-2007120515 (Web2C 7.5.6)
> > (Schwarzfahren.tex
> > (/Dokumente/Writing/trunk/Writing/DerProzess/TeX/tex/prozess.kprj
> > [more included files]
> >
> (Schwarzfahren.aux../../../../src/texk/web2c/luatexdir/tex/lin
> ebreak.c:215: failed assertion `vlink(alink(r))==r'
> > ))Abort trap
>
> I hope you don't mind some unrelated, off-topic jokes :)
>
> I guess it fails because of the title (and/or content). You
> really aren't supposed to take public lines or connections
> (links) between them when "Schwarzfahren" :p

Well, the protagonists just talk about "Schwarzfahren", they of
course have a ticket. So I think it a bit unfair of LuaTeX to
simply *assert* they don't.

Note that it also failed with a file called "UeberDemMensch.tex".
Guess LuaTeX does not like Nietzsche either.

But why? "What is Word to TeX?  A laughing-stock, a thing of shame.
And just the same shall TeX be to LuaTeX:  a laughing-stock, a thing
of shame." ;-)

> Mojca

Jonathan