[Dev-luatex] problem with loading Chinese Fonts.

Sherry Zhang yuleopen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 05:07:03 CEST 2007

Hi Taco,

Now here comes the new problem. at this time I test two opentype fonts:
MinionPro-Regular.otf
AdobeSongStd-Light.otf
They are free (for charge) fonts and are available in the Acrobat
Reader 8.0 package.

so I change the
filename=kpse.find_file(name,"truetype fonts")
filename=kpse.find_file(name,"opentype fonts")

mag = size / 2048
mag=size/ttffont.units_per_em

and
 f.format = 'truetype'
f.format='opentype'

Now I test MinionPro-Regular.otf,  it works fine, so this method works.
but I then test the AdobeSongStd-Light.otf, it reports:

The 'size' feature of this font conforms too Adobe's early
misinterpretation of the otf standard.
Bad call to gww_iconv_open, neither arg is UCS4
Bad call to gww_iconv_open, neither arg is UCS4
Bad call to gww_iconv_open, neither arg is UCS4
Bad call to gww_iconv_open, neither arg is UCS4
Bad call to gww_iconv_open, neither arg is UCS4
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

so LuaTeX exit abnormally.

btw, when loading the opentype or truetype fonts like the way I do,
some TeX commands like  ---, ``, '', ff, ft, fft,ff,fi  does not work.
Is there someting wrong?

Sherry Zhang