[Dev-luatex] problem with loading Chinese Fonts.

Sherry Zhang yuleopen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:29:08 CEST 2007

Hi, Taco:

On 8/14/07, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:
> This was a bug in 0.10.1 that should be fixed in 0.10.2. It is not
> actually related to the warning, Luatex just never outputted
> glyph width information for fonts that contain vertical metrics.

Ahh, yes, after a couple minutes' compile, I finally come up with
luatex 0.10.2,
and it works fine with these fonts!Thank you!

> Here, it should use f.units_per_em instead of 2048, as not all truetype
> fonts use the same value. I am not sure if that is the problem, but it
> seems likely.
I should say sorry for not reading the 100 pages or so manual and just
follow the unofficial wiki link. It works fine now. Thank you.

> Probably te same bug as from Step 2, so I advise to try again with
> the latest version.
The problem is solved.

> Best wishes,
> Taco

BTW, I am very interested in LuaTeX and I will do more testing work on
typesetting Traditional or Simplified Chinese in the future.

Regards
Sherry Zhang