[Dev-luatex] few font setup related questions

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Apr 24 09:42:53 CEST 2007

Igor Khomyakov wrote:
> Hans, thank you for your swift reply. We've been using pdftex for
> quite some time, and will be really glad to experiment with the
> current version of LuaTex, and not in a hurry, and prepared to throw
> everything away :-)
> If possible, could you give some direction (very rough outline) on how
> to set "large" ttf and otf fonts (assuming that the input is UTF-8
> encoded)?   Has anyone tried/did this before ?
I can post an example in a couple of weeks; the current open type table
representation is in the process of being changes (we are switching from
approx fontforge 1* structure to approx the new fontforge 2* structure).

(As part of the project we will write some simple generic font code; no
features and such, just simple mappings from otf to tfm + basic
ligatures and kerns so that one can do open type in traditional texie
ways; these can then serve as a starting point for users.)