[Dev-luatex] Benchmark.

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Apr 3 12:21:37 CEST 2007

David Kastrup wrote:

> Well, looking through, I noticed something of sub-Knuthian quality:
>
> @d push_dir(#)==
> begin dir_tmp:=new_dir(#);
> link(dir_tmp):=dir_ptr; dir_ptr:=dir_tmp;
> dir_ptr:=dir_tmp;
> end
>
> Note the duplication of the last assignment.  Not tragic, but ugly.

That could be related to the deallocation error. The node free-ing
code tests whether dir_ptr is equal to null, but in fact there are
often two dir_ptr-s: a global one and a local one.

I will get back to this later, after the more serious issues are
solved. It'll take me a loong time to find out why the code does
what it does, let alone where and why it does it wrongly.