[Dev-luatex] Building luaTeX rev. 165

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Nov 28 02:27:03 CET 2006

	Hello,

  I checked out the latest revision of luaTeX and it works fine, both on
darwin and on linux. There is only a minor flaw in the building process,
namely the Makefile doesn't find makecpool in the build/ subdirectory,
and rightly so, because it hasn't been copied by the build.sh script.

  It's really only a matter of adding, for example, these two lines to
build.sh, build.sh.linux, etc. just before making the binaries:

 # make the binaries
cp -i ../src/texk/web2c/luatexdir/makecpool texk/web2c/luatexdir
chmod 755 texk/web2c/luatexdir/makecpool

  I have no doubt there are fancier ways to do it from the Makefiles
directly but I don't know them.

  Apart from that, the binaries work as excepted and they don't need the
pool file anymore! It's a great progress but I don't know how it works.

	Arthur