[Dev-luatex] Building luatex on i386-darwin

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Nov 16 16:30:00 CET 2006

  (Sorry about the two emails sent mistakenly from my address @ens.fr,
Taco. I'm still in the process of migrating between two servers).

> whow, so what do you expect from this:

  You mean, without cheating? I can try and guess.

> \directlua0{tex.sprint(string.reverse("Hello World!"))}

  I supposed the string is reversed by Lua, and then handed over to TeX
to print, so you see it printed backward.

> \beginR\directlua0{tex.sprint(string.reverse("Hello World!"))}\endR

  Here the string will probably be reversed by Lua as above, and then
reversed again by the e-TeX primitive, so you will see it in the right
order, though I don't know what happens with the more refined metrics
like kerning or ligatures when using \beginR; I guess the ligatures would
be broken in a word like "difficult", because LuaTeX would see
"tluciffid"... OK, that's a bad example. But unless \beginR does some
fine-tuning, I expect the ligature to be broken.

	Arthur