[Dev-luatex] Building luatex on i386-darwin

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Nov 16 13:00:01 CET 2006

> i hate that since for users there are many ways to screw that up

  I concurr. And I think dynamic linking has never been the trend in the
TeX world anyway (apart from XeTeX, which is yet another story); for
example I have never seen a libkpathsea.so, but only static libraries
which are sometimes installed in $SELFAUTOPARENT/lib or so (but never
used, I guess). Even for things like ttf2tfm which are closely related to
freetype or to some other "big" library, the binaries seem to be
statically linked.

	Arthur