[Dev-luatex] no more running to the pool

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri May 19 16:38:50 CEST 2006

I also removed the need for luatex.pool.

That is to say: it is still created by tangle, but now it is only used
at compile-time. A perl script generates a C file containing a large
static array of strings, the file is compiled-in, and the code therein
is in turn used to initialize the internal string pool.

This is a hack of course (the static array never goes away), but the
removal of the separate pool file is worth the extra memory usage
(about 44k data). At least, I believe so.

Sometime in the future, I will probably write code that uses the C
array directly.

Cheers, Taco