[Dev-luatex] [Fwd: LuaTeX]

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri May 5 11:58:36 CEST 2006

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Comments are welcome before I reply. Personally I doubt
> much indirection is feasible, though.

my impression is that with a broker language we don't gain that much; what we could provide:

- piping mechanism (or dedicated write/read channels)
- a kind of soap interface (but more efficient)

since we use lua for all kind of internal stuff we should not add too much overhead

anyway, suggestions like james' are interesting so we should collect them somewhere and and look into it once we have things in place