[Dev-luatex] luatex in windows

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Dec 15 13:42:21 CET 2006

mus47 at voila.fr wrote:
> I have installed TeX Live but there is always the same problem.
>

>>>I try to use luatex on windows, but I have the following error message:
>>>
>>>This is luaTeX, Version 3.141592-0.1-alpha-20060818 (Web2C 7.5.5)
>>>kpathsea: Running mktexfmt luatex.fmt
>>>luatex.exe: fatal: kpathsea: CreateProcess() failed for `mktexfmt
>>0o☺☻ex.fmt' (Error c1)

Thse strange characters in the fmt string look a bit suspicious, but
I am not sure what is causing that, so it could be harmless or fixed
already. You are using a rather old snapshot, so I suggest fetching a
new one, regardless).

This program mktexfmt is in your path?
Do you know what it does exactly?
Can you actually create a format using

   luatex -ini plain   (enter \dump at the prompt)

or does that not work either?

Best,