[Dev-luatex] lambda format

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at colostate.edu
Sun Dec 10 19:02:05 CET 2006

Hi Javier,

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:16:23 -0700, Javier Bezos
<lists at texytipografia.com> wrote:

> Idris,
>
>> How do you make/use the lamda format in luatex? Thnx
>> in advanvce!
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by lambda in luatex. Lambda is
> just aleph + latex. What I've done is to copy latex.ini as
> lualatex.ini and modify it so that it calls lualatex.ltx instead
> of latex.ltx; this files is like latex.ltx but with a few changes
> to avoid the loading of hyphenation patterns and several
> non utf-8 chars.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for, because just doing

luatex --ini *latex.ltx \dump

complains about non-unicode characters etc. I still have some old Lamda
files I need to compile from time to time and need to be able  to process
them through luaTeX (which, even in alpha, is now the most stable
implementation of aleph/omega).

Can you post or send me your files/procedure?

> I then modified fmtutil.cnf and run fmtutil.
> I'm using the TeX Live 2005, a web2c based distribution
> with kpathsea (which seems to be required by the luatex
> binary for Windows).
>
> As for Mem, I'm still unable to use it because the model for
> input encondings in luatex is so different (and I'm not sure
> it's the right model, but I have to make further experiments).
> In Mem they are based on ocp's, so that omega/aleph has
> direct control on them and can be changed freely.

Some of the omega input primitives are missing but you can replace those
by otp's I think.

Best
Idris

--