[Dev-luatex] Very simple sample?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Dec 6 19:09:14 CET 2006

Hi Javier (and Hans),

> luatex takes only utf, and if you want something else, one can recode
> each input line using a call back function to do the recoding (or use an
> external prog to preprocess the input), but mixed input encodings will
> demand adaption of the macro's used for (eg arab)

Of course there are a few things not implemented yet (in particular,
we plan to have advanced support for in-line encoding/transliteration
changes by making it possible to intercept the token builder, but that
is not there yet).  However, the practical problem is not so much
unfinished things in the executable, but missing documentation and
Lua script code. I'll be writing a section on input encodings for
the manual tomorrow, and that should help clear up things. Please
hang on for a bit longer until that is finished.

Best, Taco