[Dev-luatex] plugin for external formatting

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:25:50 CEST 2005

Hi,

this is a long thread and too many things are discussed at
the same time so I will need some time to read and
understand what is going on.

My first thought is that some small modifications to
\showlist and \showbox will help a lot. It's easy to write
additional info like dimensions of each item in the list, or
in case of characters the filename of a tfm with fontsize
(or we may write the dimensions of each char as Hans
suggested, but this is an overkill IMHO).

My feeling is that we need to work out the specification and
format of the `` node list'' first. In the first step, I
would prefer to have only node-specific things, eg only what
comes out after a box construction. I also got a similar
request: to provide a primitive that writes out the content
of a box and another primitive to re-construct that box back
from the output. We can start with this and make further
extensions later on.

At the moment I cannot see clearly what is needed, but I am
willing to write some extensions so that we can experiment with
to see what is really needed and perhaps change what have been done.

Thanh