[Dev-luatex] lua keyword { }

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Sep 18 19:31:38 CEST 2005

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> tex.set("\string\\", "\string\string\string\\")
>> but anyhow, it would permit defining macros in a non interfering way.
>> For that we need two hooks:
>> \everybeforelua \everyafterlua
>

> I'm a bit confused by this. Can you post a non-trivial example
> of what you want to achieve?

something:

\newtoks\luabefore
\newtoks\luaafter

\def\mylua#1%
  {\the\luabefore
   \lua {#1}%
   \the\luaafter}

this one pick up the #1 (slows down) contary to a luabefore|after
mechanism.

This will permit us to push/pop meanings if macros and permit:

\luabefore{\bgroup \def\\{\string\\}}
\luaafter {\egroup}

\lua {tex.print(\\hbox{blabla}")}

instead of

\lua {tex.print(\string\\hbox{blabla}")}