[dev-context] Some hint on how linenumbering works in context

Christoph Hinterm├╝ller christoph at out-world.com
Tue Apr 14 17:14:24 CEST 2020

Hi
After some struggling with xml exporter i have managed to get the
output quit nicely including css and others. The only thing which still
worries me a bit is the line numbering. While location set to left and
not placing the content inside float environment, everything seems to
be fine.

So my question is. Is there besides codes any documentation how
linenumber placement works inside context and how far the backend
exporter hooks into this process at all? If codes only which source
files should i read to understand how things work. And how things
change between pdf and xml/xhtml export?

Would help in deciding whether and how to place some hints inside the
document to facilitate line numberplacing in export mode.

Also let me know if this question is better placed on the ntg-context
mailing list instead of the development mailing list

Best
Xristoph