[dev-context] Keep extreme tables on the same page as previous content

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat Apr 4 21:12:21 CEST 2020

On 4/4/20 7:29 PM, Alan Braslau wrote:
> On 04/04/20 10:55, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>> I’m afraid that the spurious pagebreak comes when you have text before
>> the xtable and the xtable has to be split in pages.
>
> So, when one has text before, why NOT use
> \startplacetable...\stopplacetable? There are many advantages of using
> the table float environment, not the least of which is listing.

https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2020/097475.html contains a
sample that doesn’t work with that pair of commands.

I mean adding "split, repeat" to \startplacetable[]" moves the table to
the second page and doesn’t split it..

If you have a fix for that sample, please reply to that thread.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk