[dev-context] No Official ConTeXt LMTX Repository

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 26 14:52:26 CET 2020

On 1/25/2020 9:23 PM, Sebastian Miele wrote:
> In the past months I worked through The TeXbook and The METAFONTbook.
> About a week ago I started to work through the LuaMetaTeX manual. For
> several reasons I want to learn ConTeXt from bottom to top.
>
> The main page of the ConTeXt Garden says "There is no offical repository
> there the development is going." ("there" in that sentence probably
> should be "where". I seem to not be allowed to edit the garden main
> page.)
>
> The LuaMetaTeX manual contains typos and other issues. In such cases I
> usually checkout the most recent development branch of the official
> repository and create continually rebased commits on top of it, that
> finally find their way into patches send over a mailing list, or pull
> requests on e.g. GitHub. This works really well.

Just path the files and mal them to me (as files). I then always compare
them (winmerge) an dso also see if tomething else needs to be changed
(like reformatting the source itself or adding some style related stuff).

Normally the latest context distribution also has the latest sources for
manuals as the distribition gets compiled from several resources (keep
in mind that I can have more files, like todo's and maybe remporary test
files in my working areas).

> It would be really cool if ConTeXt LMTX had a/the official repository.
See Mojca's mails ... she has hit all nails.