[dev-context] No Official ConTeXt LMTX Repository

Sebastian Miele sebastian.miele at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 21:23:27 CET 2020

In the past months I worked through The TeXbook and The METAFONTbook.
About a week ago I started to work through the LuaMetaTeX manual. For
several reasons I want to learn ConTeXt from bottom to top.

The main page of the ConTeXt Garden says "There is no offical repository
there the development is going." ("there" in that sentence probably
should be "where". I seem to not be allowed to edit the garden main
page.)

The LuaMetaTeX manual contains typos and other issues. In such cases I
usually checkout the most recent development branch of the official
repository and create continually rebased commits on top of it, that
finally find their way into patches send over a mailing list, or pull
requests on e.g. GitHub. This works really well.

It would be really cool if ConTeXt LMTX had a/the official repository.

For now, I will just somehow post the typos to dev-context at ntg.nl. I
will use ConTeXt LMTX (from http://www.pragma-ade.nl/install.htm) as a
reference point. I will update the installation it at least daily.