[dev-context] [NTG-context] Side figure bug in mkiv?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Jul 19 16:20:19 CEST 2019

> On 19 Jul 2019, at 16:03, Alan Braslau <braslau.list at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 14:39:11 +0200
> Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:
>
>> but that is quite silly. Is there some official command to ‘fix' this
>> issue?
>
> \bold{ bla bla}

Because of the streaming nature of xml processing via lua, that is
not really an option for me, but even if I could make that work for me,
I do not like having to write

  context(‘{‘)
  context(‘}‘)

in a cld file. To me, that feels like it sort of defeats the purpose.

I can easily define a command, of course, like this:

  \def\switchalternativeonly[#1]{\getvalue{#1}\relax}

and then

  context.start()
  context.switchalternativeonly({myvariable})
  lxml.flush(t)
  context.stop()

I was just wondering if there was a nice pre-cooked solution somewhere.

Best wishes,
Taco