[dev-context] attachments in PDF/A-3

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 22 11:23:11 CEST 2019

On 4/22/2019 10:32 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 4/4/19 1:11 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 3/17/2019 4:41 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>>> - The /AFRelationship key is missing from the /Filespec dictionary
>>> (https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-validation-profiles/wiki/PDFA-Parts-2-and-3-rules#rule-68-3).
>>> Possible values are: Source, Data, Alternative, Supplement,
>>> EncryptedPayload, FormData, Schema or Unspecified (from
>>> https://www.pdfa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/PDF20_AN002-AF.pdf).
>>> I assume that "Unspecified" is good enough as (1) it's pdf 2.0 and (2)
>> there are probably no viewers out that that use it.
> Sorry, Hans, but what should be PDF-2.0 the main document or the
> embedded one?

I have no clue. I think PDF 2.0 is basically PDF 1.7 but I wonder if
viewers really look at these numbers. Anyway, Unspecified sounds ok to
me because otherwise we'd expect users to come up with some dtail that
then can conflict with what a viewer at some point in time triggers on.

Concerning embedding ... the final document has the version. I suppose
an embedded something has it's own namespace and can have any version. I
see no reason why a pdf 1.7 document cannot have an embedded 2.0
document, as after all it's just a blob of data.