[dev-context] comment for attachments in PDF/A-3

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 21:19:57 CET 2019

Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 24.03.19 um 21:13:
> On 3/24/19 6:59 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> [...]
>>       \attachment[file=<filename>]
>>
>> instead of
>>
>>       \attachment[<filename>]
>>
>> The name of the first argument can be used to refer to a previously
>> defined attachment (can be done with \registerattachment) but ConTeXt
>> supports a file for backwards compatibility.
> Sorry, Wolfgang, I don’t get it.
>
> With the following source:
>
>      \setupinteraction[state=start]
>      \starttext
>      \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
>      \attachment
>          [file=/home/ousia/xml-mkiv.pdf,
>           name=new-name.pdf,
>           title=Title,
>           subtitle=Subtitle,
>           method=hidden,
>           author=author]
>      \stopTEXpage
>      \stoptext
>
> I get the following PDF object:
>
> <<
>    /Names [ (/home/ousia/xml-mkiv.pdf) 2 0 R ]
> Nothing changed here (compared to my original report).
No, I assumed you get the default “auto” in the /Names entry when you don’t
pass the name of the attached file in the first argument but I'm wrong here.
> Or were you giving me hints of better command usage?
This wasn’t he case here but I suggest to use the first argument only to
pass
the name of a \defineattachment or \registerattachment instance.

Wolfgang