[dev-context] attachments in PDF/A-3

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 17 23:12:18 CET 2019

On 3/17/2019 10:51 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 3/17/19 10:24 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 3/17/2019 4:41 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> These are all the issues veraPDF finds when validating the PDF document
>>> generated from the source above.
>> Can you find the place in the official (online) pdf reference
>> (specification) where this is explained? I like to work from that spec.
>
> These are the PDF/A version 2 and version 3 specs. They are ISO
> documents. It is the same thing as with the PDF-2.0 spec.
>
> I could relate some of the issues to the PDF-1.7 spec (but /AF and
> /AFRelationship aren’t part of it), if this made it easier for you.
>
> But I’m afraid that the explanations will be part of the PDF/A
> specifications.
so in the end this kind of standardization (whatever purpose it serves)
forces dev of free software dev to buy all kind of standards ... i don't
like those commercial mix-ups in standards (pdf validation has always
been a profitable business so i guess it will stay that way)

(the problem with these things is that it doesn't pay of in terms of fun
development)