[dev-context] MkIV "isolated expression" with \(start|stop|use)staticMPfigure

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at olin.edu
Sun Apr 14 14:36:20 CEST 2013

>>    65     def r_ladder := draw unitsquare; enddef;
>
> wrong mp: no := but =

Oh, you're right.  Though why does it work most of the time, but fails
depending on the exact surrounding .tex text (outside of the MP code)?

Maybe related: mpost never noticed my syntax error before.  That
function defn has used the := syntax for about 3 years (the vcs tells
me that I put in that function in March, 2010).

With my mpost today, it also works.  Here's a minimal .mp file that
worked (using MetaPost version 1.504):

def r_ladder :=
  draw unitsquare scaled 1cm
enddef;