[dev-context] Error with mtx-tools

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jan 24 10:14:40 CET 2013

On 1/23/2013 8:49 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2013, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> On 1/23/2013 6:31 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Running
>>>
>>>      mtxrun --script tools --dirtoxml
>>>
>>> gives an error.
>>>
>>> ....minimals/texmf-context/scripts/context/lua/mtx-tools.lua:127:
>>> attempt to call global 'extname' (a nil value)
>>>
>>> Adding
>>>
>>>      local extname = file.extname
>>>
>>> fixed this issue.
>>
>> or replace the "extname" by "suffixonly" (fixed here)
>
> Is the generated output supposed to work with MkIV as well? After saving
> the output to figures.xml, I tried
>
>     context --input=figures.xml auto:x-res-01.mkiv
>
> but only got a pdf with file names. The wiki claims that the XML format
> for MkIV has changed, but I haven't used that in a while.

You need to make a 'database'. I've added d-res-01.xml as example to the
distribution. When I checked the generator, I noticed that I hadn't
adapted ye to the slightly different index definition so I fixed that.

In MKiV support for resource libraries is built in, although I didn't
check that now.

(Willi has always been using these mechanisms so he might have
suggestions.)