[dev-context] \getbufferparagraphs

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 17:00:17 CET 2013

Am 03.01.2013 um 18:43 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>:

> On 1/3/2013 5:23 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>>> if needed i can do that (not much work) but i need to figure out the specs -)
>>
>> I don’t need it, I was only interested what’s the purpose of the command and how it works (not so hard after reading the source).
>
> we were typesetting examns where there is a large text and students have to answer questions about a specific paragraph so that one was repeated with the question (so: filtering, keeping line numbers right, etc)

Would a MkIV solution also work with nested buffers or limited or limited to unseated buffers like the MkII solution?

There are also a few points in the setup which aren’t perfect:

- Before and after values for each paragraph is set with \setupbuffer[before=…,after=…] but \setupbufferparagraph[before=…,after=…] seems better because it separates between the buffer as a single block and between the individual paragraphs.

- The offset for the paragraphs to be skipped is set with \setupbuffer[paragraph=<number>] but “start=<number>” fits better in the normal numbering system.

- Allow certain setups for individual paragraphs, e.g.

  \setupbufferparagraph[3][..,..=..,..]
  \setupbufferparagraph[first][..,..=..,..]
  \setupbufferparagraph[last][..,..=..,..]

Wolfgang