[dev-context] modules

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Feb 23 23:26:24 CET 2011

Hi Hans,

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Something new. If you add a section like this in a module:
>
> % begin info
> %
> % title   : show character data
> %
> % comment : show some info about characters in the character database
> % status  : experimental, used for luatex testing
> %
> % end info
>
> context --modules
>
> will report this. It only works with modules in the trees (the path where
> context.mkiv sits is also taken as I want my dev path to be included).

Can you add support for filtering the results? That is,

context --modules plot

should retun the help file of all modules that have "plot" in their
filename (or if it is not too expensive, have plot in their description).

Also, some of this information is also part of \module[...] header in the
beginning. Is it possible to merge the two? That is, can I just write:

%I title: ....
%I author: ....
%I email: ....
%I version: ...
%I license: ...
%I copyright: ...
%I comment: ...
%I status: ...

Then, if I run

context --modules filter

I will see the above information, and if I run

mtxrun --script modules --process t-filter.tex

the above info will be converted to

\module
   [title=....,
    author=....,