[dev-context] Luatex 0.50.0 announcement
taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Dec 24 17:15:09 CET 2009
I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.50.0.
This release starts a new chain of stable beta's.
* Fonts now listen also to the 'extend' key in the lua font
metrics table, and the processing for this is done via de
pdf text matrix instead of via the font matrix, which means
it now works for all font types.
* The embedded Metapost library is now at version 1.209.
* It is no longer possible for fonts from embedded pdf files
to be replaced by / merged with the document fonts of the
enveloping pdf. This regression may be temporary, depending
on how the rewritten font backend will look after beta 0.60.
* Use of \middle confused the \mathstyle operation.
* \pdfcolorstack handling was broken.
* node.unset_attribute() had a bug whereby it inverted the
requested result in some cases (the node on which the unset
was called was sometimes the only node at the current level
that *kept* the attribute).
* During font expansion, the internal font copy had one character
information object less than the original, resulting in the
disappearance of a glyph in some fonts when font expansion
* Placement of operator scripts of OT MATH fonts is adjusted
to be conformant with Word's logic where the italic correction
is only used to tuck in the subscript and for nothing else.
* luafontloader.open() no longer writes directly to stderr in
case of internal font errors.
* Any <pdf_refobj_node>.objnum could not be assigned to.
* The lua 'pdf' table could not be assigned to.
* The lua 'md5' library was returning incorrect results on
* Luatex now compiles on GNU Hurd systems.
* Fix segfault when embedding stream file object (these
backend segfaults were a side-effect of the string pool
The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.50.0
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the dev-context