[dev-context] Mac installation package

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 24 09:19:42 CEST 2009

Am 24.08.2009 um 00:17 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

>> In your module you can either use \getparameters or – what I think
>> you want in your module – \setvariables because it's not very
>> different to \setupmodule.
>
> I thought that \setupmodule was meant for passing parameters to
> modules, mainly because of the following comment in core-fil

Is this passing parameters to the module, I don't think so!

\def\dosetupTitle[#1]%
   {\setupmodule[simpleslides:title][#1]}

> As, \setupmodule is just \getparameters with a few defaults in
> place, I can also use \getparamters with \currentmoduleparamters.

You use \currentmoduleparameter only in t-simpleslides to load a style
file
but \moduleparameter is used many other files to setvariables etc. and
the last
one is more like \getvariables (which use rawparameters)

>> To stop the TeX run we can have
>>
>> \setupmodule[contextversion=2009.08.22]
>>
>> at the begin of a module and ConTeXt will abort the run if the key
>> 'contextversion' has a value and context is older than the user has
>> requested.
>
> Do you want this to check to be part of the definition of
> \setupmodule? One difficultly that I see is that typically this will
> mean that we need to set this separately for each engine.

I don't need such a check, it was Olivers idea and I thought about a
idea how this
can be integrated without introducing a new command which breaks
backward compatibility.

Wolfgang