[dev-context] Mac installation package

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Aug 23 22:03:03 CEST 2009

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 23.08.2009 um 17:22 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>>> *You* want to write a test suite for ConTeXt?
>>
>> The test suite is there. There is even a script in the test suit that
>> compares the outputs of two versions at pixel level. All we need is people
>> to submit tests and then someone to monitor the test suite. See
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Test
>
> Is this still alive and used?

It is alive (as in, you can submit test cases) but it is not used. I think
that Hans and Taco have made it clear that someone else need to volunteer
for running the test suite.

Sanjoy had some ideas, but then he became busy with other things.

I still think that it is a good idea for people to submit examples to the
test suite. Maybe having enough tests will be an incentive for someone to
write a regression suite.

Aditya