[dev-context] Luatex 0.43.0 announcement
taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Aug 19 10:53:27 CEST 2009
I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.43.0.
* There is a new allowed key in the table trhat is returned
by lua-loaded fonts: <f>.psname. This value should be set
to the original PostScript font name of the font. Fonts inside
dfont and ttc collections are fetched using this field
(if it is missing, <f>.fullname will be used instead).
* It is now possible to use Apple dfont font files
(those that contain at least one outline font).
* \latelua is now allowed inside leaders.
* There is a new callback: process_output_buffer, from Manuel
Pégourié-Gonnard. This callback is called just before
\write acts, so it can be used to alter the file encoding
of text output files.
* There is a new node.dimensions() function, which calculates
the natural size of (part of) a list of nodes.
* The new primitive \gleaders provides 'globally aligned'
* The DVI and PDF backends now share much code internally.
* The embedded MPlib is now 1.207.
* libpng is now 1.2.39.
* We fixed lots of anonymous bugs introduced in 0.42.0 (as expected)
* fontloader.info() errors are no longer fatal, the function now
just returns a nil,"error string" pair.
* Automatically inserted kerns for \accents are now once again
valid word ends, as in \TEX.
* Fixed the placement of math displays in mixed direction
* The \pdfcompresslevel is now dynamic again.
The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.43.0
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the dev-context