[dev-context] A few questions

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:17:41 CEST 2009

Am 07.08.2009 um 12:02 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> not very nice and don't look pleasant to me
>
> sure, but a pleasant solution takes me more time -)

that's why i asked, i wasn't able to write a pleasant one myself

>> i get the feeling we're moving towards latex3 (brr), before this
>> happens drop the whole
>> thing and i don't like \getvariable in this context anyway
>
> there was a presentation about this ltx3 low level syntax and i
> definitely don't want to have something like that; it's more that in
> context we have this system of [optional]{whatever} that we might
> want to support

me neither, the latex3 system is too complicated and one has to
remember what n, N, x ... means etc.

there are a few interesting things like namespaces for module/macros
but that's not worth the effort they take

>> in my games module for the input for chess, go ...
>>  \startpgnsetups move
>>  do a few things before the move
>>  \pgnflush{#1}
>>  do a few things after the move
>>  \stoppgnsetups
>
> well, maybe something like
>
> \starttexsetups move
> do a few things before the move
> \pgnflush{#1}
> do a few things after the move
> \stoptexsetups
>
> as generic case?

i have to think about this but when i think about the current progress
on the module i won't come back to this before 2010 :)

Wolfgang